Spring is haltingly making itself known in Seattle. As such life seems to be slowly emerging out of hibernation. A lot has been happening lately and I just haven’t been able to find the time to post. Unfortunately I don’t see things slowing down anytime soon. That said, I’ve had a number of people asking about the status of this blog so I figured it was about time to write a spring update.
- Trump has been in office for 99 days as of the writing of this post. For more on this, see my Twitter account.
- I’ve been tinkering with the idea of creating an off-shoot of this blog called Connor Griffin Writes (Politics). Because what I need after not posting for a month is another writing obligation.
- Seattle broke a 122-year old record for rainfall between October-April. It is beginning to take it’s toll. I can actually see through my skin it’s so pale.
- Reina and I are less than 6 months away from getting married!
- I got a new bicycle.
- Then I promptly bruised my ribs falling off of that new bicycle. (I swear I can ride a bike.)
- It has become bedlam at work with about a dozen projects that all need to be completed at once. Obviously.
- Hopefully more blog posts!
- A jam-packed summer. I have two bachelor parties and a one-on-one trip with my dad already on the books. Hopefully my liver makes it.
- Connor Griffin Writes (Politics) – maybe?
- A serialized fiction story published both here and on WattPad.
- My wedding!
- A freaking honeymoon!
Currently life beyond the wedding is unforeseeable. The wedding and all of the awesome events leading up to it is quickly becoming all-consuming in the best possible way. Getting married is easily the biggest thing in my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I don’t expect a lot to be happening here at CGW between now and the end of September. I’m still fairly active on social media; especially Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to check in there for more frequent updates on what’s happening.
A Note on Writing:
I do want to take a moment to thank everyone who has been asking about my writing. It obviously has not been the most productive start to the year, but I can promise that good things have been occupying my attention. As I slide firmly into my mid-twenties I have come to the conclusion that the writing side of me isn’t going anywhere. I don’t know if I could avoid if I tried. But in that, I have come to understand that my identity as a writer is not directly tied to my productivity as one. I can guarantee that the way I view the world and everything in it is through the lens of a writer. There is not a single day that I am not jotting something in my notebook or chewing over a line of prose on the morning commute into the office. The words will come at some point and becoming okay with the fact that it might not be anytime soon or on the schedule of my choosing has lifted a great deal of creativity-stifling stress off of my shoulders.
That said, I mentioned a serialized story that is to be published both here at Connor Griffin Writes and on WattPad (details to come). I have set no schedule for this. Each part of the story will be published as I write it, whenever that may be. I understand this is not the most effective way to tell a story or keep an audience but stick with me. It’ll be just as much of a journey for you as it is for me. Story-telling in this format is completely new to me and I have no clue how it will turn out but I’m pretty excited to find out. I hope you are too!
I’ll end with a piece I wrote in response to an Instagram prompt on who I write for courtesy of a bomb-ass writer named Gus Sanchez:
Follow my writing account on Instagram (@connorgriffinwrites) for more. I tend to post more frequently there and with a lot less opining.
Until next time I hope you find some sun. At this point I’m not sure I’d know what it looked like if I saw it.